Monday, September 20, 2010

Experimental prototype

For the moment, I'm riding a 10-speed combo on my Scalpel, Sunrace Driven MX on the back, a double on the front. I Was looking for a not to expensive but light and stiff crank. These days Shimano XTR960 cranks are pretty affordable. The only problem is that they are triple cranks and the aftermarket chain rings are hard to find. Luckily I came across Experimental Prototype.
A one man shop in Sweden owned by  Mattias Hellore. He makes chain rings just like you want them. So I ordered a 26 and 38T in aluminum for my crank.
He also does titanium but because I was not sure yet if riding double is really something for so first I"ll test these. The Crank needed some tuning to become a double, you can see this on the picture. Afterwards I gave it a paintjob. Hope you like it...